Dinner. Was. Amazing!
We made tortilla soup using this recipe and it is now on our top 3 recipe list. SO good! We tweaked it a bit based on our likes and things we had/didn’t have on hand:
- 1 tbsp EVOO (Didn’t actually measure)
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small purple bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 15oz can black beans
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and garlic salt, to taste
- chopped avocado, for garnish
We followed the directions on the original recipe and it was perfect! We didn’t make the tortilla strips this time, so I guess this isn’t technically ‘tortilla’ soup 🙂 I think I will try it next time. I’m excited to try and make my own tortillas to use!